Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Bottling Black Christas Gingered Ale

Last night on 12/1/08 I bottled the Black Christmas Gingered Ale. It isn't as dark as I had hoped. The lady at the Beer Nut told me that the chocolate malt would make it dark enough, but, now I wish I had gone with the dark malt extract syrup instead of the light. Live and learn. Below you can see it in the carbouy. Looks pretty dark there but in a glass not so much.
In the Shot below you can see the beer that has settled out in this secondary fermentation. I moved it into the secondary fermenter on 11/7/08 so it's had a pretty good amount of time to chill. The starting gravity was 1.044 and when I took a measurement yesterday it was at 1.018, which should give it an alcohol content of 3.4%. Not particularly boozy.
Below you can see the bottles filled and ready to be capped. I had save up a bunch of 22 oz. Lev bottles (A Czech beer). All that's left to do now is make some labels. I'll try to hit up the beer nut tomorrow and see what kind of labels they have.

No comments: